Thursday, January 4, 2018

Doll Restoration Part II

I have finished restoring the dolls I got to fix up! We'll start with a look at the Rebecca doll.


I am so pleased with how her hair and limbs look. They are so much cleaner. The change in her hair is astounding. Before it was frizzy, matted, tangled, and awful. Now it is straight, easy to brush, and not frizzy. I decided to just leave it straight.


Her sweet face now.


Her she is again when she was in great need of help.


Her eye color is lighter than Maggie's. I personally like the lighter color better. Anyway, this lovely girl is now ready for her new home and I've listed her on eBay at a very reasonable starting bid.

Now for the other girl, which was JLY #39. Her hair had been cut by the previous owner. So I had the task of trimming and making it look nice. I also dipped her hair in boiling water, tightened her limbs, washed her cloth body, washed her limbs, and applied benzoyl peroxide to her vinyl where there were marks.


She was really in a state. Her hair, although in good condition, was very messy. Her vinyl was dirty.


She's a completely different girl!


She's also on eBay now ready for her next home. You'll be seeing a lot more pictures of this beauty soon, because I couldn't resist taking some photos of her and Brooke side by side.

I am so pleased with how these girls turned out. From a state of despair, they are not fully ready to be taken into new homes and loved again! I hope you enjoyed watching their restoration!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing us how the doll restoration went. You did an amazing job! Both girls look amazing.

    Morgan from the TN Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really pleased with how they turned out!

      Delete
  2. It was so cool to see the change! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing their transformations! :)

      Delete
  3. They turned out so pretty!! I would be interested in trying doll restorations sometime, but I'm not sure if I'll ever actually do it. Great post!
    ~Gracie
    smileandcraftag.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's pretty fun to research how to fix the issues and make them beautiful again :)

      Delete