Tuesday, May 22, 2018

New Hearing Aids Again // Photo Shoot

Yes.... This post will end in another photo shoot of Cadence, but it was so fun to do, guys. I took 42 pictures but I'm only posting 9 ;)

But first!

I had to make Cadence some new hearing aids because her old ones broke (and I also lost one....). Besides, it was about time for her to get new, since kids have to get new hearing aids frequently because they grow out of them.

Last time I used clay to make the ear mold and behind the ear portion. This time, however, I recalled how AmericanGirlIdeas often uses hot glue in a variety of creative ways. Hot glue doesn't stick to parchment paper, so it is possible to create a shape and then remove it.


I used two plastic covered paper clips.


I also used a tool (I don't remember the name of it) to bend the paperclip, a hot glue gun, and a heart shaped cookie cutter which happened to have nearly the same curvature as the ear.


First, I bent the paperclip to the correct size.


I used Phoebe to model the hearing aids since her hair stays away from her face better than Cadence's.


I then squirted a bit of sparkly gold hot glue onto parchment paper.


Before the hot glue was completely dry, not sticky but still pliable, I removed it from the parchment and pressed it into her ear. Once it's completely hardened, I took it out. Then I used the metal tip of the hot glue gun to soften and smooth the rough edges.


I stuck the metal into the ear mold.


For the behind the ear section, I put the hearing aid on the parchment paper and hot glued around it. Just like before, I molded it to the ear, adding more hot glue and smoothing it when needed.


Finished products!

On to the photo shoot so you can see what the hearing aids look like on Cadence. They don't fit her exactly as they fit Phoebe, but it's pretty close.






I like that the new ones are more fun and colorful.





I hope you enjoyed this post!

5 comments: