Monday, May 22, 2017

Beth of Stony Hill // a photo shoot

This week I sewed a little summer dress! I think the inspiration came from a recent read of Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery. I imagine the girls wearing dresses with lots of gathers, so I ended up making a modern dress based on that! I didn't use a pattern, but just used rectangles and fixed things as I went along. A necklace and braided up-do (from a YouTube tutorial) completed the look.

Also, all of these pictures were edited slightly (just the brightness, sharpness, and color intensity). I'm not too experienced with picture editing, but just changed it to when I thought it looked a bit better. Would you be interested in seeing a comparison post with the originals and edits side by side?

Anyways, here are the photos and I hope you enjoy :)









Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. I love the 2 and pictures 5-9! The dress is cute, but I feel like for Rilla and that time period it would be a little longer. But it's still really cute!
    <3Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos look great! Beth is so pretty. :)

    -Clara <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures!!!! The 4th one is AMAZING!!!!!!!!
    A comparison post would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are absolutely gorgeous and insanely beautiful photos! Beth is so pretty! Which tutorial did you use? I love that hairstyle!
    ~ Light4theLord
    https://dollsnall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I believe it was this one:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9GqVebSLc

      Delete
  5. These are insanely beautiful! I love those flowers in the background, do you happen to knwo what they're called? I also love Beth's necklace and hairstyle, which hairstyle is she in? She looks great in light periwinkle!
    ~Samantha, https://agdollawesome.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Samantha! Hm, I don't I think know what kind of flower they are. The hairstyle is from this YouTube vdeo:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9GqVebSLc

      Delete
  6. She's so beautiful!! I love that book, and I love the inspiration that came from it! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete