Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 1 -- Lanterns

Each day this week until the 4th, I will be doing a craft post that is Fourth of July themed!  At the end, I will post a photo shoot of my dolls with all the items having their own party.
Time for day one!
I found a good tutorial for making paper lanterns here (on The Crafting Chicks), and used it to make my doll sized ones!  Here are the supplies I used:  (I actually didn't end up using the white cut out stars, but you could!)
IMG_2592
To make these, I took cardstock and cut a 5" x 10" wide strip.  I eventually made two lanterns out of one strip, but you could just make 5" x 4.5" strips (which would make one lantern).
IMG_2599
Fold this in half lengthwise and use a pencil to mark cutting lines, each about a 1/2" apart.
IMG_2600
Cut on the lines.  Cut over the fold, do not cut all the way to the unfolded edges of the paper.
Unfold.  If you cut a strip 5" x 10", measure and cut to make two, each 5" x 4.5".
IMG_2601
Staple the sides to make a circle.
IMG_2597I bent and shaped the paper so it looked right.
IMG_2595
Cut a small strip of corresponding paper for the handle.  Tape into place.  I put a long piece of string through each handle so I could hang it up when my dolls have their party.
IMG_2603
Voila!  A beautiful 4th of July decoration for your dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment